Monday, February 23, 2009
My baby girl is 1...
It seems like yesterday, I was in the hospital, husband by my side, eagerly waiting to see my beautiful girl, and now, here it is one year later, and I ask, "What happened this past year and Where has the time gone!?" I wish I could freeze time, or go back in time, and do so much more or change so many things. I feel like too much has happened this past year, and I've missed so much with her first year. I've let emotions get in the way, frustration come out at the wrong times and for no reason, and took for granted the times I had alone with her as an infant. Maybe it was because of all the trama, drama, hurt and pain this past year that has made the year flash before my eyes, but I do know one thing...she is what has helped me through this tough time. Besides my Lord and Savior, she's been my rock. I'm supposed to be the rock for her, and maybe at times, I was, but without her, I don't know how I would have handled this past year or woke up every morning. When I wanted to just curl up in bed and cry all day long, I would hear her little cry and that was my motivation to keep going. I knew I had to get up and do my job as her mother cause she needed me. She relied on me. I needed to be her rock. She needed me to be her comfort, her love, her mommy and at times, her daddy. Only God Himself could give a person that much strength, to be that many things to one person. I can't go a day without thanking Him for all He is to me and for me, and the marvelous blessing Makaila has been to me. So, as we conclude the week long celebration of her 1st birthday, I thank my Father for allowing me to be her mother. And I thank my baby girl, for being here when I needed her too....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment